- When can I expect my order to arrive?
- Wallpaper ships directly from our partner York Wallcoverings. Please allow an additional 7-10 days for your order to be processed and shipped. Wallpaper orders are currently not available for rush shipping.
Wallpaper will ship separately from the rest of your order. We will email you a tracking number once it ships.
- How much does shipping cost?
- We ship wallpaper orders via FedEx and shipping charges are determined by the amount of wrapping ordered. Shipping is $40, but this could change at any time. When you place your order, we will contact you via e-mail regarding your final shipping charge and send you an updated invoice if necessary. Wallpaper is exempt from our free shipping offer.
Do you ship Wallpaper Internationally?
At this time, we are only able to ship wallpaper within the United States.
- Can I return Wallpaper?
- All wallpaper and wallpaper samples are final sale.
If you would like help determining how much wrapping paper you need to order please contact email@example.com.
- How do I install wallpaper?
- We recommend hiring a professional to install your wallpaper. If you’d like to install wallpaper yourself, our partner York Wallcoverings has some helpful resources available.
For traditional unpasted wallpaper, reference this How-To, and answers to some frequently asked questions.
For peel & stick wallpaper, reference these instructions. We recommend plain warm water and a clean sponge or cloth to wash the walls prior to installing our peel and stick wallpaper to remove any dust or dirt particles that may be present. Walls should be air dried thoroughly before proceeding with the installation. We do not recommend towel drying walls after washing, as small fibers may be left on the surface and prevent the adhesive from sticking properly. If the walls are not cleaned properly prior to installation, this will compromise the adhesion of the wallpaper.
- Can I apply this wallpaper to a textured wall?
- We do not recommend putting wallpaper over any kind of textured wall as we cannot guarantee that it will adhere properly and the texture won’t show through. We suggest installing a wall liner first. A wall liner is designed to use on a textured wall prior to wallcovering installation to create a smooth surface for the wallcovering to adhere to.
- What is the pattern match?
- The pattern “match” refers to the placement strips of wallpaper to create the correct horizontal repeat, as the pattern matches from strip to strip.
A Drop Match is when the design runs diagonal from the ceiling. The panels are staggered so only every other strip is lined up at the ceiling line.
A Straight Match is when the pattern moves straight across one wallpaper panel to the next. Each panel is hung at the ceiling line.
A Random Match is when no matter how you position the wallpaper next to the previous panel, the pattern matches up.
- Is your wallpaper prepasted or peel-and-stick?
- We have both! The majority of Rifle Paper Co.'s wallpaper is traditional unpasted paper that requires adhesive. For all non woven substrates, apply the wallpaper paste to the wall. For all unpasted paper and grasscloth wallcoverings, apply the wallpaper paste to the paper. We also have a smaller selection of peel & stick wallpapers that do not require adhesive.
- How many rolls do I need?
How To Calculate Wallpaper Without a Wallpaper Calculator
1. Determine your square footage. To do this, measure the width of the walls and add them together. Then measure the height of your walls. Multiply the total width of your walls by the height. This will give you the total square footage.
*Note: If your room has walls of varying heights, calculate the area (width x height) of each wall individually and add them together. Then proceed with steps 2 and 3.
2. For each standard door subtract 17 from the square footage. (For any other size door, subtract the area of the door from the total square footage).
3. Divide the total square footage by 42.
How To Calculate Grasscloth Wallpaper Without a Wallpaper Calculator
1. Follow steps 1 & 2 above.
2. Once you’ve determined your total square footage, divide by 72, the total square footage of one roll.
How To Calculate Peel & Stick Wallpaper
1. Follow steps 1 & 2 above.
2. Once you’ve determined your total square footage, divide by 45, the total square footage of one roll.
We always think it’s best to order extra rolls to account for trimming or mistakes. Leftover paper can be used for lining drawers or other projects.
How big is a roll of wrapping paper?
- Most of Rifle Paper Co.'s wallpaper rolls are 27 inches wide and 27 feet long, covering an area of 60.75 square feet.
Grasscloth rolls are 36 inches wide, 24 feet long, and cover an area of 72 square feet.
Wall murals are 66.5 inches wide total, split into two panels of 33.25 inches each. They are 134.4 inches long, and cover an area of 62.07 square feet.
Peel & stick wallpaper rolls are 27 inches wide and 20 feet long, covering an area of 45 square feet.
- What is a "run" or "dye lot" number?
- Due to the print techniques used to create Rifle Paper Co.'s wallpaper, exact color matching might not be possible across different print runs. Each time a color of a wallpaper pattern is run by a wallpaper press, it’s given a Run or Lot number. It’s recommended to complete your job with only wallpaper from the same run number for an exact color match. For this reason, we suggest you order extra rolls for your project.
If you need additional rolls to complete a job, please contact us to see if the pattern is available with the same run number you used previously. If that is not possible, keep the new run number on a single wall to avoid color variations on strips hung side by side.
- How do I clean my wallpaper?
- Most Rifle Paper Co. wallpapers are classified as washable or extra-washable. Remove water-soluble stains and dirt with a damp cloth or sponge. Use only soapy water to clean, and avoid all abrasive cleaning agents. Do not rub or scrub the surface, or use brushes to clean.
Grasscloth wallcoverings are not washable. To clean, dust the surface with a dry paper towel or lightly vacuum. Do not clean with water. Grasscloth wallcoverings are not suitable for high-humidity rooms such as bathrooms or kitchens.